Using DataGate's anti-spam protection means that all mail entering your mailbox will be scanned and assessed as being Spam or not according to highly sophisticated heuristic algorithms.
If a mail is judged to be Spam it is placed in a folder called Junk on your mail in your mail account.
You can access this Junk folder in two ways.
- By logging on to DataGate Webmail
- By setting up you mail client to access you mailbox via IMAP access.
If you access your mailbox through either of these you should see a folder called Junk under the inbox. This is where suspected spam is sent.
If you cannot see this folder you may need to ajust setting:
If you are accessing via IMAP, then:
- Follow your mail clients instructions for subscribing to an IMAP folders.
- Subscribe to the Junk folder.
If you are accessing via WebMail, then:
From within webmail.
- On the top menu, click on Folders ( )
- From within folder you should be able to choose which folders to subsrcibe to.
- Subscribe yourself to Junk.